Tuesday 14 June 2016

Life of a Messy Mum

I'm the mum that never knows where her keys or her phone is and I'm always running around like a headless chicken and don't know what I'm doing. If I don't have a list in front of me that I probably forgot to write the day before anyway I just have no idea what I meant to be doing. These kids didn't come with a manual sometimes I wish they'd it'd be so much easier.

I'm a mum that can't be assed to wear make-up and I'll be lucky if I brush my hair in the morning. You make sure your kids are okay first - that everything is done for them and then forget about yourself. Yeah that's me. I look at all those other mums that look so organised and just wish that I could just do what they do or they could give me some of their special powers. I spend hours cleaning my house and then it just doesn't look any cleaner and then I don't know what I'm doing because it looks like a tip anyway.

With crayon all over my walls it makes me feel ashamed - I don't want to cover up the paints because they do this little picture to try to make me happy and I'm proud of them and then I just shout them. Asking them to do a simple tiresome task of cleaning up the toys is like asking me to climb a mountain in the freezing cold without a jacket. The when they go to nursery they seem to do everything that they just don't do here. People are sitting there telling me how well they clean up here very good.

Being a clumsy mum doesn't help when I try to put one thing away and don't get to the other one of this thing and then I've just made more work for myself so maybe it's not the kids after all. I just have to face the facts and say yes that's me, there's always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment