Friday 3 June 2016

Body Modification : The Jeremy Kyle Show

My boyfriend had his ears removed to look like a parrot!

Just over 4 weeks ago Suzy's boyfriend, Ted Richards (56 years old) had his ears removed to look like his pet parrot. His outer ear has been removed. He does not know why. Pins were inserted into the top of his ears to hold his glasses in place.

Ted RichardsTed Richards
Ted and his pet parrot Tikka (The Mirror)

Suzy: A body modification is any change to your body: nails painted, hair colouring, ear piercing, tongue-splitting. Her boyfriend later also states that "Some people get botox." He feels he is dedicating his life to parrots with a long lifespan. To him they are his children. I would understand people would find this quite strange. 

Suzy says "I get called freak and stuff and I've only got my tongue split."

When asked how the procedure was done, Suzy replies: It was cut with a scalpel. Her boyfriend wants to change his nose into a beak. Suzy does not think this is over the top or is worried about his bm escalating. JK asked her about local's reactions. She replied:
Ted Roberts
"I live in a little village full of old people so I probably scare them. If you're really nice to people you surprise them. If people wanna judge you then they will judge you."

Her boyfriend began modifications in August 2014 - so far he has removable horns implanted in his head, stars under the skin in his head, and his ears and whites of his are eyes tattooed. He says if they could move his eyes to the sides of his head he would - to look more like a parrot.


 Ted's Removed Ears (The Mirror)

Jeremy ask him: Why?


"I've always wanted to do heavy Body Modification because I'm seeing someone from abroad that's done this sort of thing. I couldn't do tattoos years ago because of a relationship. To me, I've had letters from people that I changed their life because they wanted to do something."
Commenting on turning his beak into a nose, he states "It's only a bit of cartilage innit" He doesn't care about criticism. "Everybody's got their own opinions." As long as he is happy critics do not bother him. One of his party tricks is picking up magnets wit his body, saying this gets him pints on lads nights out. Another party trick is lying his parrot upside down on his head.

 Ted Richards
Image of Suzy and Ted (The Mirror)

When Jeremy first read their story he says he thought: "No way! My God that's freaky!"
But meeting him says: "You are what you are. The parrots are your life."

He says to Jeremy he calls the parrots his children as to him that's what they are. They sleep in his bed with him.

JK: I have to say fairplay.


Sources

The Jeremy Kyle Show (available online)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYoEGOjLJw
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/animal-lover-more-100-tattoos-6643757

No comments:

Post a Comment