Monday 27 June 2016

Day out with my active learner

My child is a very active child. My child finds it hard to sit down for a long period of time. When I've tried to teaching staff sitting down in our living room and go over his numbers over and over again. I was wondering why he wasn't getting it, until my health visitor told me that he's probably active learner. This has helped me a lot in understanding how his mind works and how I can help him.

My son pushing my daughter on the swing. He kept asking her if she was okay and if she wanted to get down.

What is an active learner?
An active learner is when a child has to do an activity or be physically involved with an activity he/she is doing.
They will do something, review it, learn from it and then apply it in the next time they will do it.

My son finds it very hard to learn in a classroom-like setting, so I help him by taking him out and teaching him that way.

My son playing with a board game (that I bought from the charity shop for 95p) while my daughter watches.

Because it's in a different setting my son is able to relax and run to the box when he has got the pair. This activity is made more physical and therefore it helps him learn understand what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment