Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Organisation of Decluttering

As it is summer you like your house nice and spacious and there's a lot of things in your house that you don't actually need. Time to go through and see what bits that we have forgotten. These are my useful tips and tricks I used to declutter my home.

Things to remember:
  • box by box but don't focus on a room by room, this will become overwhelming and you are more likely not to get the job done I quit before you have even started. 
  •  If you didn't realise you had it, you probably don't need it. Make sure you only keep the things you really need because otherwise all this other stuff is going to waste. 
  •  Don't be worried if it takes quite a long time to declutter everything you don't have to do it in a day. Most of us do not have time to do this anyway.
  • To make it easier make sure you declutter your house every 3 months. This will help you not to have build up in your home.

You will need 4 Different Boxes:
  • Rubbish
  • Charity Shop
  • To Sell 
  • Re-Homing

LET'S GET STARTED!
  1. I like to start with putting some music on or a program on so I don't get bored. I choose which drawers I want and normally go left to right in every room.
  2. I like to tip the whole draw or cupboards out so I have an empty place to put all the things back in.
CLEANING OUT...
  1. Washing down the drawer cupboard so it's nice and clean. If you need to hoover it, now is the time.
  2. When my drawer is clean, I will start sorting through what I'm going to keep in the drawer. 
SORTING OUT...
  1. When I put everything back in the drawer I will then start sorting through this stuff that is still left out. 
  2. Things I have no use anymore I will put in the rubbish box.
  3. Things that you don't really get much money for selling put in the charity box.
  4. Things that are worth a bit of money put in the sell box.
  5. Things that you want to keep but you don't want to put in the drawer put in the re-home box.
FINAL STEPS...
  1.  On a day you have time to spare, or are going into town, take the Charity box with you and donate unwanted items
  2.  Post pictures on Facebook selling sites (and other places like Preloved the website), add a price and whether you want the item collected or if you can deliver it to your buyer.
  3.  Ask your friends if they want any of the Re-Home items - you could use especially nice things as little presents! (If they don't want things, you can upcycle them doing art projects or give them to charity.)
  4.  Everything else, you can bin from the Rubbish Box

I hope this has helped you out. Easy things that I have found most useful to do and how to do it quick and easy when the kids are around. Thank you for Reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment