Sunday 29 May 2016

Dealing With a Cold

Being a parent and on my own most of the time, I would say that having cold or flu symptoms can make looking after your children nearly impossible. Here are my tips for dealing with cold to get you through the day.

The first thing I will do is to start the day with a nice hot bath or shower, if I didn't have time to do this I would fill the sink with hot water, putting my head over the sink and will placing a towel on top of my head so all the steam stays in. (if I just have a headache I will get a nice hot flannel and put it on my forehead).

When it's time to get dressed and ready for the day, warm clothes make me nice and toasty. Then I'm like 'Let's get downstairs and make some breakfast'; the kids are up at this point and I will have to make their breakfast as well. I like to start with a nice hot lemon water drink, it helps with the congestion and soothes my throat. (I do not drink coffee or tea because I don't feel like it helps at all and it can make me feel worse.)

For my breakfast I try to eat a lot of fruit with my toast, then I will take my vitamins (normally vitamin C and zinc).

I will try to do a little bit of yoga but it doesn't always fit it in with my busy schedule. It's helpful though, as it relaxes my muscles and helps me get ready for my day by reducing anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment